Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Youth, Love and Marriage

Karen Valentine had a darling Valentine Party, something went wrong and many names were lost. I am trying to post my Love Story but have not been able to do so since something went wrong with her Linky Tool. However, will try again.
We met on a Friday the 13th when I was only 15 and he was 17, this was early in the year, saw him a couple of times at high school dances, I liked him and though he was was so cute, blue eyes and strawberry blond hair. He joined the Navy when he turned 18 in June of same year, he asked me if he could write of course I said yes. We wrote for the next four years and we really got to know each other and our love blossomed. He would come home for one month once a year and that was a magical time for us. When he was discharged he surprised me with a beautiful engagement ring. I remember we were sitting on our lawn swing in our back yard when he kept taking off the ring I was wearing, you know on and off like playing and at one point slipped it off slipped on the engagement ring, oh my gosh! what a wonderful time that was. We planned our wedding and took out our license also on a Friday the 13th, then we wed. Now three grown children and five grown grandchildren and still very much in love. He is still the love of my life and I am his.
Blessings to all...

10 comments:

  1. Hello darling, how beautiful is your love story. As the run time checking how strong we are the ties that bind couples. Congratulations, for his achievements and his family, blessings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, do you know how lucky you are? Married the first time to the love of your life, I am so jelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is having the party again? I would like to join

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dropped by to read your beautiful love story. I haven't got to do some of the reading that I normally do with hubby ill in the hospital and now in the nursing home. I love your new blog look. Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, What a beautiful story. I absolutely adore your background! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! I'm so glad you were finally able to link up!! I just love hearing stories of young marriages getting better and lasting the test of time!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I'm another Shirley visiting here. Hope we dont get mixed up..I'm over at Sweet Romantic Notions and found you at Karen's party.
    Very nice Love Story..(I'm post #16)
    Hope you had a Wonderful Valentine's Weekend..
    I like your style so I will be back..going to follow you..
    Yours Sincerely,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! What a beautiful love story! Your blog is just darling!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for following my blog. I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm a new follower to.
    Greetings from Belgium,
    Liliane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful love story! Thanks for sharing it. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I read and love all the comments. Blessings to each and every one of you.
Hugs and smiles...Lu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...