Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I have been Painting

Hello Dear Friends, I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, you all know about the death in our family, so the way that I deal with situations like this is that I get involved in something major here in our home. Therefore, I decided to paint the dining room and kitchen. Dining room walls are done but not the wood work when that is done I will move on to the kitchen. It is not a large one so should go fast for now work in progress as follows... Here are my paint cans, the color was like a beige, not so easy to cover with one coat, so had to do two coats now it's off white.
My ladder, dear husband Rick does not like me climbing the ladder, but I was very careful, trust me.
This is a built in cabinet in the room, won't be painting the inside this time around just the trim. Perhaps next spring will do the inside when I have more time.
Full cabinet, gave many of my tea cups to one of my daughters. We don't use them much any more and trying to make space for other things. I have enjoyed doing all of this painting although between taking care of Rick, cooking and painting not that easy. But I was not rushed, took my time.
Well this is what I have been up to. I pray all of you have been well, especially my dear sweet blogging friend Dolores, who some of you know lost her wonderful husband, David, recently to Alzheimers, Beautiful couple. I am honored to call her my friend. Our life is short, we must live each day as if it were the last. "Let us be silent that we may hear the whispers of God"...

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Lu, blessings and love to you, please be careful on that ladder!
    Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Lu! Since it has been awhile since I visited your blog, I was unaware that there had been a death in your family. I am very grieved to hear about this. I pray that your family will recover from this loss.

    In any event, it looks like you have done a lovely job with your painting, and as Marilou stated, please be careful on the ladder. I don't like even using the stepping stool in my kitchen to reach the higher selves, as it makes me nervous as I don't want to fall backwards my accident.

    Anyway, take care dear friend and may God continue to watch over your family and give them much strength and love.

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that painting can be a stress reliever for you! It would be the opposite for me. Your rooms will be beautiful!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments about David and me....
    I'm missing him so much, but I'm also praising God that he's now free of Alzheimer's.

    Enjoy every moment!
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ladders make me nervous anymore. Do be careful. I understand how house projects are good therapy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I read and love all the comments. Blessings to each and every one of you.
Hugs and smiles...Lu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...