Friday, January 20, 2012

Some of My Dolls

Hello Dear Friends, do not know where the time goes, really. It's been over a week that I posted, that is terrible.
Today I decided to show you some of my sweet dolls. My latest dolls are Folk Art Dolls designed by Nicole Sayre, You no doubt have heard of the Santos Dolls, I bought these dolls from the Santos website. Here is a little history about the dolls.

The Santos dolls take their name from the Spanish word for Saint, and are also known as Santos (French) and Santibelli (Italian). The Santos that started the genre of dolls we currently represent (primarily Spanish Colonial and Western European style), were originally started as copies of 17th century carvings by priests. Originally, Santos were created for use as in-home altars. They were needed in small villages that did not have a priest

This first one is my Valentine cage doll, she is the Angel of Love. Really like this one cause I collect hearts.

This one is my Christmas cage doll and so is the next one.





These two cuties I made years ago when I used to make cloth dolls. They are enjoying a cup of tea with their Hello Kittie tea set.


She is a reproduction #785 of Beverly, made in 1984. She is 13 1/2" tall and has glass eyes. Doll artist Bev Sylvia.


This lovely lady you might of seen recently when I posted my finds from GW. I really like her she is very happy here among many friends. Great price too, only $5.00...

She is also one of my favorite dolls, she sits on my dresser.


Again when I used to make cloth dolls I made these two and a cat doll, now I have a cat that looks like this one...so funny.

This sweetie is a lovely doll and sits on our bed on a daily basis.

Just purchased this chair a couple of days ago, knew she would be the one to sit on it.


When we went to see the play Cats for the first time, could not resist making these two cats to remind us of that amazing play. Have seen it 4 times now.

Will end this post with my oldest doll, have had her since I was a little girl.

Hope you have enjoyed some of my dolls, I think we are all little girls at heart and that part of us never grows up. Dolls remind us of our younger days, I am an only child and had so many dolls and each one was so special to me. Have a wonderful week dear ones.

20 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, belated birthday wishes to you Lu! I'm sorry I missed the exact date, but birthday wishes are good ALL the time!
    I want to come and have tea and play dolls with you. I love dolls too. Your new cage dolls are just wonderful How sweet. I am having a special doll made for me-a gift from my husband. Will do a post down the road. I'm excited. Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dolls and the ones you made are so wonderful! Your collection is just great. I can't believe you made those Cats dolls! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meravigliose queste bambole ed originali!Mi sono accorta che la scorsa settimana è stato il tuo compleanno!AUGURI!!!!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your dolls!! They are so beautiful!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have an amazing array of beautiful and unusual dolls. You're a wonderful seamstress and artist ...the ones you made are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lu, What a lovely post. I also love dolls and those pictured from your collection are beautiful. I'll have to try and photograph some of mine, one of those jobs I keep putting off. I used to make cloth dolls years ago but gave them all away. I still have a few wax dolls I made but my favourite is the one from my childhood!
    Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet doll pictures...

    :-)

    "Childhood, catching
    our imagination when it
    is fresh and tender,
    never lets go of us."

    ~J.B. Priestley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon my friend Lu!I hope ypu are well .sorry for not answering for such a long time...i had some problems with my shop..it didnt go as well as I was expected..so i closed it.any way i m still making things for some clients but its not the same..your dolls are amazing..you must be proud about your collection..i used to buy dolls when i was younger..i still have some!!
    have a nice weekend kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI MY DEAR LU,
    I LIKE YOUR PRETTY DOLLS, THE OLDEST ONE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
    KISSES!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Lu,
    Oh, how LOVELY they are♡♡♡
    Both the ones you made and collected are really feast for our eyes!!!
    I am pretty tied up lately and so sorry for my belated comment. Hoping that you are having marvelous weekend, my friend,
    Love and Lots of Hugs to you, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, precious friend Lu! I love your dolls... I also collect them... and I just think they make you smile. I really like the ones you made, they are so sweet! As always, your blog is such fun to visit... I hope you and your family are having a happy weekend!

    Hugs from Texas,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW you've got quite a collection going there! I love to visit your blog and Lunamia shoppe. I just updated my blog today, finally! First in a month. I have some medical issues I am dealing with and havent had the time to blog lately let alone paint.

    Hope you have a blessed week!

    xoxo
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lu, I enjoyed seeing your collection of dolls. Your last doll reminds me of mine when I was a child that rest in my cedar chest. We are never to old for dolls, I keep telling my hubby that I want a doll house. He looks at me as though I have lost it. Hope all is well with you. We are getting better. hubby has been real sick. Have a great week Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola guapa ,
    son muy preciosas y me encanta muchoooooooooo.Miles besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your beautiful dolls I also have collected some over the years so special. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. Hope you find a spare minute to visit me sometime follow back if you like. I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lu,
    I just saw these Santos dolls on another friend's blog. I never heard of them before. They're so beautiful, especially the Valentine one. Do you know that I am interested in the Saints, and I have a few beloved ones that are close to my heart? Your childhood doll is such a treasure. I'm glad you kept it all these years.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI DEAR LU I LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL DOLLS,YOUR LOVELY POST MAKE MY DAY.THANK YOU FOR STANDING BY ME AT THIS DIFICULT TIME OF MY LIFE,I DID MY FIRST POST OF THE YEAR ..BLESSINGS TO YOU FRIEND XO SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me encanta la muñeca, Precioso blog!!!!
    Gracias por tu visita a mi blog. Seguiremos en contacto. Un abrazo. Manoli

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Lu !!
    What an amazing collection you have !! They are just beautiful, all of them ! I wish I had some more myself !! Come and see mine....she's american !!!!!!
    Hugs
    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lu, Your doll collection is wonderful. I love the ones you created. I had never heard of them and they are stunning. Was the last doll a Tiny Tears? I had that one and it looks very similar. I too was an only child and spent hours with my dolls and girlfriends.
    Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and blessings always.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I read and love all the comments. Blessings to each and every one of you.
Hugs and smiles...Lu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...